Our Team is an Extension of Yours
A support subscription provides you with 24 x 7 x 365 direct access to the pfSense team with guaranteed response time for all your firewall, network, and security related needs. We serve a wide range of needs for our customer base, we offer not only support, but network design, configuration assistance, development and more.
Everything is on an Hourly Basis
As such, our support is unique in that everything is on an hourly basis - no per-install considerations whatsoever. Whether you use the time purchased on one system or one thousand, whether you're a small office or a co-location, university, or a large corporation, you're simply purchasing hours to be used as you desire.
The following outlines the services we most commonly provide to our customers, this is not an exhaustive list:
- If you run into a problem with pfSense software, we are here to help.
- Configuration Assistance
- Whether you need some brief guidance on the best approach, or want us to walk you through the configuration via GoToMeeting to control your screen, or log in to your firewall and completely configure it ourselves, we are available for any level of assistance.
- Configuration Review
- We can review your configuration to ensure it follows both pfSense and general firewall best practices, and provide recommendations on improvements.
- Network Design
- We have provided assistance with network design ranging from a review of your proposed design, to completely designing the environment to your requirements and providing complete, professional network diagrams and documentation. These are commonly larger or more complex networks, such as co-location environments, WISPs, small ISPs, universities, and large corporate environments.
- Conversions to pfSense software
- For customers with an existing firewall looking to convert to pfSense software, we can configure your pfSense software to match the settings of your existing firewall product. We have experience with a wide range of commercial and open source firewalls, and extensive expertise and experience with Cisco PIX and ASA.
Guaranteed Response Time
All issues will receive a reply within one business day. Issues are prioritized by severity - problems causing an outage or having significant immediate impact on your network will always take priority, and will receive our attention as quickly as possible.
We guarantee availability from 8 AM to 8 PM US Eastern time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays in the United States. Emergency support is available 24 hours a day every day of the year at a raised rate.
Support subscribers also receive additional benefits such as automatic configuration backup, online access to the pfSense book, and additional premium content.